HOW WE DO IT
Web Development: Terms and Conditions
- Website Development Payment Obligations: A down payment is required in order to begin development of your website. This is usually 50% of the upfront design fee, unless an alternative contract or proposal specifies a different amount. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the design, navigation and pages have been approved and built. Final payment is due regardless of whether all content for the pages has been sent by the client. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. In the event an “under construction” page is posted due to missing content, Powered Pixels will post ONE copy of any text/pictures on existing pages only, for up to 3 months after publish date. After the three months have expired, content posted to site will be billable at our current regular hourly rate. In the event that design and navigation changes are requested after they have been specifically approved by the client, these changes will be billable at our current regular hourly rate.
- Website Development Cancellation: If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating a design concept), then the down payment is non-refundable.
- Stock Photography Payment Obligations: Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. Stock photography purchased on behalf of client for use in website development is billable at a minimum of $15 per picture. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development. Some pictures are more expensive than $15, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the price before purchasing.
- Description of Ongoing Costs: There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration and hosting.
- Domain name registration: This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.mywebsitename.com, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. You are NOT required to register a domain through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. If you have registered your own name, make sure you have yourself as the Registrant and Administrative Contact with a current, easily accessible email address. This will help to ensure that your domain can be renewed or transferred should the need arise. Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
- Hosting: This cost recurs annually. Hosting places the domain name on a particular server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. Hosting comes with domain-based emails, bandwidth, storage space, database and security tools, and other features.
- Hosting Transfer Payment Obligations: If you wish to transfer your hosting to another provider Powered Pixels can, upon request, download your site onto a CD and mail it to you. The cost for this service $75 per copy. FTP access to your site is not available for transfer purposes.
- Website Maintenance: There are no required maintenance fees other than domain registration and hosting. Most people do some work on their site every quarter, for which we offer several plans. We can make certain parts of the site updatable by you by implementing a custom Content Management System, or installing a blog. For work we do on the site after going live, we charge on an hourly basis. If you expect that maintenance will be a regular occurrence, you can buy a prepaid maintenance contract that affords a discounted hourly rate. If need be, we can customize a maintenance plan for your particular needs, but no plan is required.
- Website Maintenance Payment Obligations: Depending upon the nature of the website changes, prepayment may be required. Should the client be invoiced after the changes are completed, the invoice is due upon receipt. If payment is not received within 3 days, the maintenance changes may be taken down until payment is received. After 7 days, there may also be a $35 reposting fee added to the outstanding maintenance invoice balance.
- Homepage Design- Once the site design is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
- Navigation- Once site outline/map is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure. Once we build this structure per client approval, any subsequent changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
- Content- Provision of content is the client’s responsibility, unless specifically negotiated ahead of time as part of the project proposal.
- Text content– Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proofread by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Copy development – Should the client wish Powered Pixels to develop content for the site, website copy is billable at our regular hourly rate. Development of copy is accomplished via Powered Pixels Web Development interviewing the client about the topic areas to be addressed on their web pages. Powered Pixels then composes appropriate copy, submits to the client for review, edit, and approval. Approved copy is then posted to the web pages.
- Graphical content– Images outside of the website design must be provided in digital form or in a form that can be easily scanned, unless otherwise provided client’s contract. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Database Implementation: Entry of data for database applications is considered the client’s responsibility. Entry of data by Powered Pixels is billable, unless otherwise provided for in client’s contract.
- Training: Because customer service is in integral part of our business strategy, all of our projects include a one-time complimentary training session in order for our clients to better make use of their new web technology. Additional training hours can be purchased at our standard hourly rate or applied against your existing maintenance contract. For websites with administrative control panels or content management systems, one (1) one-hour training sessions will be provided upon client’s request.
- Technical Support: We offer local and long-distance phone support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If Powered Pixels is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable
HOW WE DO IT
Photo Shoots: Terms and Conditions
Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are running late, please call us 404.918.6237 as soon as possible and please be aware that this may shorten the amount of time available for your photo shoot and/or viewing.
An adult must accompany all under 18-year olds. We may ask for photo ID such as a current driving license or passport.
- Booking Payment: Our photo shoot booking fees do not include props unless specifically stated for a special promotion. Once you have booked your photo shoot, you will be required to pay a 50% deposit. This payment is required when booking your appointment. Failure to pay in this time will result in the booking being cancelled without notice. Failure to turn up to the photo shoot or viewing appointment will result in you forfeiting the deposit. You will be required to pay another deposit to re-book. Consideration will be taken for unavoidable circumstances e.g. death of family member, car accident, sickness etc.
- Amending Appointments: If you need to change your appointment please contact us immediately giving at least 48 hours notice where possible.
- Makeover Photo Shoots: Please make us aware if you know you have any known allergies. Although we take every effort to make sure our products and equipment are safe to use, Powered Pixels and its vendors will not be held responsible for any allergic reaction to the makeup products we use or injury or damage caused by hairstyling equipment. If you are unhappy with how your hair or makeup has been done, please let us know as soon as possible during the session, so that we can rectify it.
- At Your Photo Shoot: We aim to make you feel very comfortable at your photo shoot. We will get you to pose using techniques that will help get the best shot. If at any time you are unhappy or uncomfortable with any of the poses, please let us know and you can choose how you wish to pose. If you are having a location shoot, please be aware that arrangements may have to be changed at the last minute due to weather conditions. Should this happen we will either move to another agreed location on that day, or rebook for another time. While every care is taken at every stage of the photographic process, Powered Pixels shall not be liable to the client for any failure, in whole or in part, to fulfill their obligations of a booking, where failure arises as a result of an event or circumstances beyond our control. Circumstances beyond our control includes, but are not limited to; equipment failure, inclement weather, illness and/or injury.
- Viewing and Receiving Your Photos: Full payment will be required at the beginning of your photo shoot session, the remaining 50% of the shoot fee. We aim to have your photos available to view within 1 week of having your photo shoot. You will be given the opportunity to proof and choose your them via a link sent to you via email. After you make your selection of photographs we reserve the right to perform editing such as softening skin tone, editing out items not desirable in the photo, and/ or changing the size, frame and shape of the photo. Should you require extra editing of your photos, you may be subject to an additional charge which you will be advised of at the time. Should you not view and choose your photos within 10 days of having your photo shoot you may incur an admin fee of $35 for us to retrieve them from our archive. If you do not view your photos within 1 month of your photo shoot, we will take this as indication that you don’t want them and we may delete them from our files. You will not be entitled to a refund of your photo shoot.
- Receiving Your Final Photos: We aim to have your products ready within four weeks of your selection of the photographs you like the best. You can receive your photos via email or on a disc. All final photos received will be high-resolution files that are print ready. If you should have any problems please bring them to our attention as soon as possible so that we can rectify the issue.
- Ownership of Photographs : All photos taken by our photographers remain the copyright of Powered Pixels. We may wish to use some or all of your photos for promotional material within the studio, on our leaflets, website or Facebook Page.
By booking a photo shoot with Powered Pixels, you agree to these terms and conditions.